CRS Field Trips for Teachers
In partnership with local science organizations, CRS hosts two Field Trip for Teachers events (formerly called Science Resource Socials) each year. These give teachers an opportunity to get a 'behind the scenes' visit at a science center and hear first-hand from program staff at various organizations about the classes, field trips, summer workshops, materials, and more that they have to offer.
Teachers also have some time to network and share tips and experiences with fellow teachers while enjoying refreshments. Often, there are freebies such as complimentary museum memberships, passes, books, and other materials. Teachers come away inspired and eager to bring more science learning experiences to their students
Be sure to check our event calendar to learn about our next Field Trip for Teachers event.
We are grateful for the support of wonderful partner organizations to make these events possible. Past co-hosts include:
- Chabot Space and Science Center
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- The Exploratorium
- The Oakland Museum of California
- The Crucible
- East Bay Regional Parks at Lake Temescal Beach House
- Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center
- Marine Science Institute
- The Edible Schoolyard at King Middle School in Berkeley
- Irecycle@School - the education center for StopWaste.org of Alameda County
- Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
- Tilden Nature Center of the East Bay Regional Parks
- The Oakland Zoo
- UC Berkeley Earthquake Engineering Research Center
- UC Botanical Gardens
- Crab Cove of the East Bay Regional Parks
- RAFT (Resource Area for Teachers)
If you’d like to host a Field Trip for Teachers, contact us at CRS@crscience.org
If you'd like to be invited to our next Field Trip for Teachers, sign up for CRS Membership.