Engineering is now part of the requirements of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). It's also a lot of fun!
- Engineering Process Graphics - this graphic shows the process involved while doing the practice of engineering.
- Science Practices and Language Connections Packet
- CRS list of Engineering Websites - for activity ideas and background information
- CRS list of Engineering Programs - Field Trips, in-class programs around the Bay Area
- FOSS Engineering Connections
- Engineering is Elementary - This program from the Museum of Science Boston provides professional development and lesson plans for engineering at the Elementary and Middle School level. Their Engineering Adventures curriculum for Afterschool programs is free and easily adaptable to the classroom.
- TeachEngineering.org is a site that has lots of great background information and lesson plans for teaching K-12 engineering.
- KQED Blog Post 10 Resources for National Engineer's Week
- Engineering Kit & Activities - We have compiled a list of materials that would make up a basic engineering kit for your classroom. We have also included links to lessons using those materials.
- Marshmallow Toothpick Challenge
- Paper Dowel Challenge
- Index Card Structure Challenge Lesson Plan
- Penduum Packet
Engineering Picture Books
Purchase at Smile.Amazon.com or your favorite online book seller
- Those Darn Squirrels by Adam Rubin, Illustrated by Daniel Salmieri
- The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! by Candace Fleming, Illustrated by G. Brian Karas