Employee Volunteering with CRS is a Win for Everyone!
CRS works with private industry employers to customize volunteering opportunities to match your priorities and needs. We take care of training, materials, and logistics, either working within your existing employee engagement programs or helping you create new community service opportunities. Companies win, employees win, and teachers and students in our local schools win!
"It is a great motivation for scientists to see students appreciate the magic of science.” -- employee volunteer
For your company:
- Build strong, engaged teams and professional skills
- Demonstrate community connection and engagement
- Inspire next generation of scientists, engineers, and problem solvers
- Low cost, huge impact!
“I enjoyed the cooperative team work of teaching with colleagues.” -- Bayer employee volunteer.
For your employees:
- Have fun collabrating with coworkers
- Use professional skills to give back to community
- Share passion for science, engineering, technology
- Receive training & support to ensure success
- Our flexible model fits into busy professional schedules
For your community:
- Kids interact with inspiring role models while learning
- Teachers get support from STEM professionals
- Teachers and kids discover ‘real world’ connections to classroom learning
- More kids have more opportunities to explore science
- Underserved schools get much needed partners
Volunteering Opportunities Customized to fit your Goals
- CRS can coordinate volunteer opportunities within your existing education outreach program
- Add us to your “menu” of volunteer opportunities for company employees to select individually or in teams
- Ongoing and “one time” opportunities available
Here are some of the ways your employees can be involved:
- Teach one-hour, hands-on science & engineering lessons in elementary classrooms during the school day
- Colleagues can form "teaching teams" and choose their own dates/times to teach
- We can set up pre-scheduled dates for classroom visits that anyone can sign up for
- Organize a "day of science" for a whole school
to participate in
- Multiple science activity stations for students to rotate through; volunteers sign up for a station
- We can supply the activities and materials, along with instructional materials for volunteers
- We communicate with school around logistics and scheduling
- Host a classroom field trip at your work site
- Participate in teacher professional development workshops
- Create a mini-presentation to teach teachers about specific science content
- We provide coaching and feedback around presentation
Have ideas for other ways your employees could participate in science education? We're flexible!
“I want to give back to my community and invest in the future by engaging young minds.” -- Bayer employee volunteer
Have Questions? Take a look at our FAQ page.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our growing team of private industry employers whose employees are teaching and inspiring students in local classrooms! Our corporate partners include: