Next Generation Science Standards and the Common Core
California has adopted the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards for schools. These sets of standards have quite a bit of overlap and can be used to support each other.
Common Core Standards
- California Common Core Standards Home Page
- California Common Core Standards for English Language Arts (CCELA) and Spanish Translation of CCELA
- California Common Core Standards for Mathematics
- Grade by Grade list of the Common Core Standards
- California CCSS Professional Learning Modules for Educators This module provides an overview of key features of the Common Core State Standards and guides educators to discover the shifts and changes from the 1997 standards for English language arts and Mathematics and how these changes affect their learning contexts. The module includes links to high quality resources to guide implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- CDE Common Core Channel for videos and more
- Videos about what the Common Core Standards mean for schools - developed by the National PTA
NGSS Connection to Common Core
- CSTA's NGSS Overview and Connection to Common Core
- CDE - Literacy in Science - Group of videos and learning modules
- Dawn Publishing has a weekly blog about children's books. It provides lesson plans and links to the common core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- CRS Resources for Science & Engineering Practices
- CRS Resources for Cross Cutting Concepts
- CRS Tools to Build Science Related Literacy Skills to support both NGSS and CCELA